Custom Search

March 29, 2008

Don't sweat the small stuff, but choose the small stuff wisely...

In my last post I wrote about making choices. I have been thinking about the power of making choices and have noticed just how many choices that I make in a day. It starts before I ever get out of bed. Do I sleep for another 5 minutes, or do I get up a and get a jump on my day? Will I exercise today, or will I take the day off? Once I get up choices continues to rule my life. Simple, but powerful choices that have a major impact on what I accomplish during the day and how I ultimately live my life. Many of the choices seem relatively small and unimportant, but they ultimately dictate my life. Do I eat cereal, or do I have a pop tart? Do I read email first, or do I plan my day first? Do I work on the task that I like to work on, or do I work on that pesky project that has a looming deadline? Do I blog today, or do I skip? Do I call my mom to say hi, or do I put that off until later? So many choices. I make them without thinking, but making wrong choices or taking the path of least resistance can eat up the most important resource I have. ME! Make smart choices. To learn more on the power of choice make sure you read Monday Morning Choices: 12 Powerful Ways to Go from Everyday to Extraordinary by David Cottrell.

1 comments:

Medical alert said...

Life is all about choices, the better choices we make the better off we are in life.