Custom Search

February 10, 2008

Consider time management for your Super Bowl...

Where did the weekend go? Back to work tomorrow. Judging from the new counter I installed on this blog, I have a few more days to go before everyday is a weekend. It never ceases to amaze me how fast weekends go by. They seem to be over in the blink of an eye. Why is that? I plan every minute of my work week. I use time management techniques to ensure that I am as efficient as possible. My weekends on the other hand, are for the most part experienced in free fall. So does that say I should plan my weekend and let the chips fall as they may during the week? Interesting concept. Planning buys me time during the week. Maybe it can help me extend my weekends. At least create the perception that I have more time. I think it boils down to planning creates the illusion of time. We all know that time is a fixed resource. We need to find ways to utilize the time we have available to its fullest extent. You know where I am going with this don't you? Yes, back to the retirement discussion. I think that time management will be a critical component to a fulfilling retirement. Free falling through retirement will be sure to diminish any feeling of self worth and accomplishment. Time management can help ensure that each day is lived with a sense of purpose. It may be more critical to manage ones leisure time than it is the time that is controlled by the structure of your job. Retirement is like the Super Bowl of life. You can bet that Tom Brady and Eli Manning both had a plan to manage every second they had the ball when they started last weeks big game. We should be prepared to control retirement with the same commitment. Sam says: Be ready!

0 comments: