Custom Search

January 21, 2008

Use a Financial Shrink For Your Fiscal Sanity

Watching your portfolio too closely in a market that is struggling like it has been lately will drive you absolutely crazy. If you are managing your own portfolio, then I hope you have done your homework. If you have, then don't do anything drastic if the only thing that has changed is the market itself. If there has been a fundamental change in one of your holdings, then you should address it. Otherwise, let it ride. Now is not the time to get out. I have always been one that feels that if you believe in something, and the technicals and fundamentals are sound, then hold it for the long run. It will have its ups and downs, but over time, historically, it should be okay. There is really no need to watch it daily. Maybe a weekly or even a monthly peek would be a much better for your psyche.

I guess there is always the fear in the back of your mind that you really don't know what your doing. I have that fear. That is why I am turning the headache over to a financial adviser. They can be your financial shrink so to speak. I spent a lot of time finding someone that I trust with my financial future. Starting tomorrow, I will let him do his job and I can get back to mine. If you don't have a financial adviser, now would be the time to think about finding one. Its not easy, and it will take some time, but it will certainly be worth it in the long run.

0 comments: