Custom Search

January 18, 2008

Thank God It's Friday!

What a work week. I have been stuck in a hotel since Monday. Yes, I think I'm becoming the ultimate road warrior. I have been doing this for a few years now, and let me tell you, it never gets easier. I am so glad this week is over and I am finally home. Standing in the airport today I found myself thinking that there are a lot of weird people in this world. Friday travel does something to people. They all had a sort of crazed look on their faces. Maybe it was more of a sad, lost look. Many of them had been away from home all week too. I had the love of my life waiting on me. I am sure many of the people that I was watching roam past the gates of hell, didn't have anyone waiting on them at home. Lonely road warriors! So sad...

Why do we do it. I guess we are all chasing the dream. At least I think its a dream. Is the dream retirement. Is that really what we are all working for? To retire when we grow old? Will we have our health, or will we have nothing left but a tired old body that we abused on the road. Are we fooling ourselves? I hope not. I need a plan, a dream, a vision! Stay tuned!

0 comments: