Custom Search

April 23, 2008

Feed the Green Monster...

Every year I pay my good friends at True Green to weed and feed my yard and what do I get? Of course I get a weed free yard. I get a nice green yard. I get a fast growing yard. And... I get to mow twice a week to keep the grass from taking over the neighborhood. Not exactly how I like to spend my leisure time. With the price of gas spiraling out of control, now I'm scraping up all of my spare change, er, I mean, spare dollars, to keep the mower running. That gallon of gas I used to go buy for my Dad when I was a kid that cost a quarter, now is costing me an arm and a leg. Wow! How does that make any sense. And the sad thing is that its not just me. I am sitting here as I blog watching two of my neighbors mow their green monsters. Hey! I have an idea. Maybe we should go together and buy a hybrid mower! Do they make such a thing? That would be the "green" thing to do. Look out Al Gore. Sam Speak is in the yard...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was reading on someone else's blog the other day, and they were having the exact same problem - the cost of fuel. They solved it by getting a push mower, so they mowed the grass and got a cardio workout at the same time.

I don't have any grass round my property, so I don't have to worry, thank goodness. Grass is expensive stuff, both in time and money.

Mommie Daze said...

Pray for a drought. I'm sure this is environmentally incorrect, but we had a drought last year from about June to September. It was the best thing ever because the grass didn't grow and we went weeks without mowing.

Medical alert said...

A nice green lawn that is weed free is priceless.

penile implant said...

That was a VERY interesting one! Seriously interesting.